Acehnese Fish Curry
- 1 black grouper fillet (300 grams), big cubed
- ½ cup curry paste (see pantry)
- 1 cinnamon stick (5 cm)
- 3 pieces white cardamom
- 2 pieces pandan leaves, folded
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised
- 1 handful curry leaves
- 1 potato, boiled and wedge
- 2 pieces red curly chillies, sliced
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups fresh coconut milk
- 2 pinches salt or to taste
- 2 pinches white sugar or to taste
- Heat cooking oil in a large pan, add in the curry paste, cinnamon stick, white cardamom, pandan leaves, bruised lemongrass and curry leaves.
- Stir all through until cooked, then add in coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Add in the fish and coconut milk just enough to cover the fish as the curry should be a little bit thick.
- Cook through not more than 5 minutes so the fish is not over cooked.
- When about to cook, add in boiled potato and sliced red curly chillies.
- Season with salt and white sugar to taste.
Curry paste ingredients
- 10 pieces shallot
- 6 pieces garlic
- 1 knob turmeric, grilled
- 8 pieces red curly chillies
- Blend all ingredients into a fine paste.