Balinese Pork Sausage
- 1 cup / 150 grams bumbu gede (see pantry)
- 1 long piece pork intestine, cut into 3 pieces
- 200 grams pork belly
- 100 grams pork fat
- 1 tablespoon/ 10 grams salt
- Clean the intestine, wash and turn it inside out, then pull out the excess skin.
- Mince half of the pork belly amount and dice the other half amount.
- Set to one side.
- Also dice the pork fat and set to one side.
- Diced meat and fat will make the sausage have a nice texture.
- Mix minced pork belly, diced pork belly, diced pork fat and bumbu gede together in a bowl and also add in salt to taste.
- Tight one edge of the intestine and then fill the intestine with the pork mixture, once full, tight the other edge.
- Put sausages in a pot filled with water, just enough to cover sausages.
- Boil it for 5 – 10 minutes and then remove from the pot, drain.
- Put the sausages in a wire mess and grill until cooked around 10 – 15 minutes.
- 2 knobs galangal, peeled
- ¼ cup turmeric, peeled
- ¼ cup kencur, peeled
- 1 knob ginger, peeled
- ½ cup garlic, peeled
- 1 cup shallot, peeled
- 3 stalks lemongrass
- 12 pieces red small chillies
- 2 tablespoons wewangen (optional)
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- ½ tablespoon long pepper
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 3 – 4 pieces candlenut
- 1 tablespoons dried shrimp paste
- 2 pieces salam leaves
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- Chop all ingredients except salam leaves finely or blend if not up to doing it traditional way.
- Then put salam leaf into bumbu and mix through with oil.