Cenil Ubi Ungu
- 1 medium purple sweet potato, boiled/steamed & mashed
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 2 pieces pandan leaves
- Water to boil
- 1 cup grated coconut
- Palm sugar syrup
- Combine mashed purple sweet potato, tapioca flour, icing sugar, salt and coconut cream in a bowl and then fold the dough until it becomes smooth.
- Take a pinch of the dough and roll into a cylinder shape and the length is about the size of your palm.
- Boil some water with pandan leaves in a pan, add in cendil dough and cook for 3-4 minutes until cendil rises and expands, this is when you know it is ready.
- Remove from the pan and drain.
- Mix grated coconut with a pinch of salt and roll the cooked cendil on it.
- Serve on a plate drizzled with some palm sugar syrup.