Goat Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Goat meat, cubed
- Goat fat, cubed
- Bamboo satay skewers
- Bumbu kacang
- 2 tablespoons shallot, sliced
- 3 lime cheeks
- 4 pieces big red chilli
- 10 pieces small red chilli
- 5 pieces candlenut
- Cooking oil to fry
Bumbu Kacang ingredients
- ½ cup peanuts, fried
- 5 pieces candlenut, dry roasted
- 4 pieces shallot, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 piece big red chilli, sliced
- 3 pieces small red chilli, sliced
- 3 pieces lime leaves
- Cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons sweet soya sauce
- Salt to taste
- White pepper powder to taste
- 1 piece lime
- 1 teaspoon grated palm sugar or to taste
- To make bumbu kacang, put oil into the pan, fry off garlic and shallot slices until fragrant, set to one side.
- Then fry off big red chilli slices in the same pan, set to one side.
- Dry roast candlenut and set to one side and then fry off peanut, set to one side.
- Finely blend all those ingredients and set to one side.
- In a bowl, mix through 3 tablespoons of peanut sauce, sweet soya sauce, a pinch of salt and white pepper powder, a dash of lime juice and 1 teaspoon grated palm sugar or to taste.
- To make sambal, blend all ingredients finely and fry until cooked.
- Set to one side.
- Soak satay skewer in water for a while to avoid it get burned while grilling the satay.
- Skew the cubed meat and cubed goat fat alternately, 5 cubes each skewer.
- Drizzle some oil and sweet soya sauce on the satay and mix through.
- Start grilling on a hot charcoal and use a fan to help it cooked evenly.
- On a plate, put bumbu kacang and place satay on the bumbu kacang.
- Serve with sambal, shallot slices and some lime cheeks.