Gule Kacang Hijau Warung Cairo
- 1 rack goat ribs, cut into big pieces
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 medium red tomato, chopped
- ½ cup green beans, soaked overnight and boil until soft
- 5 pieces lime leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only and bruised
- 2 pieces cardamom
- 4 pieces cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon white pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups water
- Cooking oil for frying
- 2 cups second pressed coconut milk
- 1 cup first pressed coconut milk
- 8 pieces shallots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 pieces big red chilli, deseeded
- 8 pieces red curly chilli
- 4 pieces candlenut, dry roast
- 3 cm turmeric, grilled
- 2 cm ginger
- 1 tablespoon fried shallot
- 1 sprig fresh coriander leaf
- To make the stock, put goat ribs in a pan then cover with water, bring to the boil and once boiling, discard the water.
- Then refresh the water and slowly bring it up to a simmer until the ribs are cooked and soft.
- Remove from the heat.
- Heat some oil in pan, sauté the paste on a medium heat until aromatic, then add in cardamom, cloves, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder, white pepper powder, fresh curry leaves, nutmeg powder and salt.
- Stir through.
- Add in the cooked goat ribs, chopped tomato and stir through. Continue to add in the goat stock and cooked green bean and then cover the pan with the lid, stew for around 30-40 minutes.
- Add in second pressed coconut milk, lime leaf, lemongrass and cover the pan with the lid, continue to cook for about 20 minutes.
- Then add in the first pressed coconut milk and stir through for another few minutes.
- Serve the goat gulai in a bowl with sprinkles of fried shallot and garnish with a sprig of coriander leaf.