Lumpur Kelapa Muda / Indonesian Coconut Mud Cake
- 1 cup potato, steamed and mashed
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk powder
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon suji leaf juice
- Half young coconut, sliced
- Some young coconut, cut into small triangle shape
- Some margarine to brush on the mold
- Heat the mold pan first and then start to prepare the dough.
- In a mixing bowl, add in mashed potato, plain flour, salt, sugar, egg yolk and milk powder and then whisk the ingredients together until well combined.
- Add in thick coconut milk and suji leaf juice, mix through until the dough color is evenly green. Last add in sliced young coconut, mix well.
- Set to one side.
- Once the mold is hot, brush on some margarine to avoid the cake sticking onto the mold.
- Then pour the lumpur cake mixture, until the mold is full.
- Cover with the lid.
- Cook for 4 minutes on a medium heat.
- About one minute when it almost cooked, open the lid, put a triangle shape of coconut on top of the cake and put back the lid on the mold pan.
- Continue to cook until set.
- Lift the cake using a wooden spatula, serve on a plate.
15 small cakes