Nasi Goreng Resek
- ¼ cup chicken breast, cubed
- ¼ cup prawns, take off the skin and head, roughly chopped
- ½ tablespoon white pepper powder
- ½ tablespoon chicken powder
- 2 tablespoons oil to stir fry
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cooked rice
- ½ cup yellow noodle, blanched
- ¼ cup shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup spinach
- 2 tablespoons chilli slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped Asian celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped leek
- Fresh coriander sprigs
- 1 tablespoon chopped green shallot
- 1 tablespoon chopped Asian celery
- Sambal bajak on the side
- Heat oil in a pan and add in chicken first, stir fry until half cooked, then add in prawns, white pepper powder, chicken powder and soy sauce, continue to stir fry.
- Add in whisked eggs and stir through, mix in the rice as the eggs are starting to cooked so the eggs can coat the rice as well.
- Add in yellow noodle, cabbage, spinach, chilli slices, chopped Asian celery, chopped green shallot and leek.
- Stir through for a while and place it on a plate.
- Garnish with some fresh coriander, chopped green shallot and Asian celery.
- Serve with sambal bajak on the side.
- 2 pieces tomatoes
- 24 pieces long red chilli, deseeded
- 7 pieces small red chilli
- 1 cup shallot
- 15 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons dried shrimp paste
- A pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ cup oil
- Roughly chop all the garlic, chillies, shallots and tomatoes to a similar size.
- Cook slowly for 30 minutes in the oil, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Pound the ingredients to a smooth consistency, whilst still retaining some texture.
- Season with dried shrimp paste, salt and sugar.