- 1 cup cooked rice
- ½ cup beansprout, blanched
- ½ cup spinach, blanched
- ½ cup long bean, blanched
- ½ cup cabbage, shredded and blanched
- 4 small slices tempe, fried
- 2 pieces tofu, fried
- ¼ cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 piece peyek cracker (you can buy in Asian grocery store)
- 2 pieces banana leaves, 50 x 50 cm
Peanut sauce ingredients
- 2 large red chilli, fried
- 2 pieces red bird eye chilli, fried
- 3 cloves garlic, fried
- 2 small knobs kencur, fried
- 2 pieces lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup peanut, fried and crushed
- ½ tablespoon tamarind pulp
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup hot water
- Fresh lemon basil sprigs
- To make peanut sauce, put your fried chillies, garlic, kencur and lime leaves in mortar and pestle and start to pound it with pinch of salt to break it down.
- Then add in crushed peanut, tamarind pulp and sugar, continue to pound.
- Add in hot water to make it a little watery.
- Once pounded, transfer peanut sauce into a bowl and check the seasoning, you can add a little bit more salt to balance the taste.
- Take your banana leaves, double it up and turn into a pyramid shape by turn one side into curve and bind with tooth pick.
- Fill with cooked rice and arrange vegetables on the rice, drizzle with peanut sauce.
- Arrange fried tempe and tofu, fresh lemon basil and cucumber slices on the side of the peanut sauce.
- Serve with peyek.
- (for 50 pieces)
- 4 ½ cups rice flour
- ½ cup dry roasted peanut, roughly pound
- 1 duck egg
- ¾ cups coconut milk
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ½ tablespoon coriander powder
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ¼ cup turmeric, peeled
- ½ cup kencur
- 9 cloves garlic, peeled
- 5 pieces lime leaves, julienned
- ½ tablespoon chicken powder
- Blend turmeric, kencur and garlic into fine paste and add in julienned lime leaf into the paste.
- Mix rice flour, paste, peanut chunk, egg, coconut milk, water and seasoning.
- Take 1 small laddle of rice flour mixture and layer on the wok side, fry until crispy.