NIHIWATU’s Wahoo Ceviche
- 1 kg Wahoo
- ½ cup Coconut cream
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup Lime, juice
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp palm sugar, grated
- 1 Shallot, finely diced
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 Red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 Yellow capsicum, finely diced
- 1 Spring onion, finely diced
- 1 cup Kemangi, finely chopped
- 1 cup Thai basil, finely chopped
- 1 cup coriander, finely chopped
- 1 Long red chilli, finely sliced, seeds in.
- Note – Add a splash of tabasco or sriracha for a nice little kick.
- Cut the fish into small dice and put into a bowl.
- Tip over the lemon juice and Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Return the fish to a clean bowl and add the coconut cream.
- Stir through the onion, capsicum, chili and shallot while reserving a little of each to garnish.
- Refrigerate before serving in small bowls.
- Garnish, adding optional torn fresh coriander leaves, shredded coconut & fried shallots.