Papaya Flower and Cassava Leaf Soup
- 1 bunch young cassava leaf
- 1 bunch papaya flowers, picked
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 medium shallot, chopped
- 2 knobs ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 big red chillies, chopped
- 3 bird eye chillies, bruised or as desired
- 1 cup chicken breast, sliced
- 2 cups fresh coconut milk
- 3 sprigs lemon basil, picked
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Fried shallot for garnish
- Salt the papaya flowers for about 10 minutes to take out the bitterness and wash it out.
- Blanch it a couple of times or at least 3 times, 3 – 4 minutes each time.
- Set it aside.
- After that do the same process with the cassava leaf.
- Then chop the blanched cassava leaf and mix with the blanched papaya flowers.
- Heat cooking oil in a large pan, stir fry the chopped shallot, chopped garlic, chopped ginger and chopped big red chilli until fragrant.
- Add in the sliced chicken breast and continue to cook.
- Add in coconut milk, mix of blanched chopped cassava leaf and papaya flowers and bruised bird eye chillies.
- Season with salt and add some lemon basil at the end.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fried shallot.