- 1 cup papaya flower, picked
- 1 cup banana blossom, blanched
- 1 cup cassava leaves, blanched and chopped
- ½ cup young papaya, jardinière
- ¼ cup ikan asin (salted fish) or a pinch of shrimp paste
- 4 pieces shallot, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 pieces tomatoes, sliced
- 1 piece red big chilli, sliced
- 3 – 4 pieces red bird eye chillies, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 sprigs lemon basil
- Salt the papaya flowers for about 10 minutes to take out the bitterness and wash it out.
- Blanch it a couple of times or at least 3 times, 3 – 4 minutes each time.
- Set it aside.
- After that do the same process with the banana blossom and cassava leaf.
- Then chop the blanched cassava leaf.
- Set aside on separate bowl.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan, add in sliced garlic and shallot, fry off until fragrant, then add in sliced tomato and chillies, fry until the tomato is soft, then add in salted fish, stir well.
- Then add in young papaya, blanched banana blossom, papaya flowers and chopped blanched cassava leaves.
- Stir fry the vegetables through.
- Add in fresh lemon basil and salt to taste.
- Serve with lemon basil as garnish.