Sambal Jantung Pisang
- 2 pieces regular sized banana blossoms - steamed for 30 mins
- (use the small banana + heart)
- 1/4 cup cucumber cut to matchsticks
- 1/4 cup sliced belimbing wuluh
- 1/2 cup wing bean, blanched and sliced
- 1 tablespoon torch ginger, julienned
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lime leaf, julienned
- 1 large red chilli, julienned
- 1 tablespoon shallot, sliced
- 2 pieces kalamansi, juiced
- 1 teaspoon ebi powder
- 5 pieces of shrimp peeled, deveined and blanched
- 1 teaspoon sambal belacan
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- sugar for seasoning
- salt for seasoning
- 5 leaves of lemon basil
- Banana blossom leaf
- A sprig of lemon basil
- Shallot, fried
- 1/2 teaspoon large red chilli, deseeded
- 2 pieces red curly chilli, whole
- 1 tablespoon raw shrimp paste
- 20ml of kalamansi juice, squeezed from approx five pieces of kalamasi
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Pound all the ingredients in a mortar and pestle
- Pound all the ingredients in a mortar and pestle into a smooth paste and set to one side.
- In a mixing bowl, mix kalamansi juice, ebi powder and poached prawns with the sambal belacan, add in the coconut milk, salt and sugar for seasoning.
- In another mixing bowl, mix all the vegetables gently and pour in the sambal belacan mixture.
- Mix in the lemon basil at the last moment and place the salad neatly on your plate and garnish with fresh banana blossom and a sprig of lemon basil.