Sate Babi Bumbu Merah
- 1 cup pork neck, pork belly and pork belly fat, cubed
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons bumbu merah (see pantry)
- ½ cup oil
- Bamboo skewers
- 1 tablespoon shallot, sliced (as desired)
- 1piece small red chilli, sliced (as desired)
- 1 piece kaffir lime, halved
Bumbu Merah ingredients
- 3 pieces small red chilli
- 7 pieces big red chilli
- 2 bulbs garlic, peeled
- 2 pieces shallot
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- For the Bumbu Merah ingredients, pound or blend until almost fine.
- Grate the palm sugar, salt, bumbu merah and add in cubed pork meat and pork fat on a plate and mix all together.
- Marinate for 5 hours in the fridge.
- After that, take out the marinated pork from the fridge, drizzle with some oil and mix well. Take one piece of pork and another piece of fat and skew onto the bamboo skewer.
- Repeat the process 4 (four) times per skewer until all marinated pork finish.
- Get your barbeque/charcoal grill hot, then place the pork satay neatly on top of the hot embers, turn it frequently until the satay is cooked and slightly charred on the edge.
- Take off the heat.
- Serve with shallot slices, red bird eye chilli slices and kaffir lime on the side.