Soto Babi Bali
- 1 piece pork knuckle and pork hock, chop the bone as well and cut the meat into 5 cm cubes
- 2500 ml water
- 7 cm sugarcane, peeled, cut into 4 and bruised
- 2 knobs ginger, peeled and bruised
- 3 pieces lemongrass, bruised
- 3 cloves garlic, thin sliced
- ¾ teaspoon vinegar
- 250 grams daikon, jardiniere
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 stalks Asian celery, thin sliced
- 5 tablespoons fried shallot
- 1 piece lemo (Balinese lime), juiced
- 2 tablespoons oil to sauté the paste
Bumbu Bali Paste ingredients
- 6 pieces shallots
- 6 pieces big red chilli
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 cm turmeric, peeled
- 3 cm kencur
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- Put the chopped pork knuckle and pork hock in a pot and add water to cover.
- Bring up to the boil to take out the impurities.
- Discard the water and refresh with cold water.
- Add in sugarcane, bruised ginger and lemongrass, and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile roughly blend Bumbu Bali paste ingredients and set to one side.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add in the paste then sauté until fragrant.
- Transfer the fried paste into the stock.
- After boiling add in sliced garlic and daikon and season with salt and vinegar.
- Cook for another 1 – 1.5 hours until the paste has absorbed and the pork meat is soft.
- Serve with lemo juice, sprinkles of Asian celery and fried shallot.