- 1 piece chicken breast, boiled and shredded
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar, grated
- 1 piece ginger flower stem, sliced
- Oil for frying
- Sambal bongkot, on the side (see pantry)
- White rice, to be served with
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 pieces big red chilli
- 4 pieces candlenut
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon fried shallot
- Make paste by combining all ingredients together in a blender and blend not too fine.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry off the paste until fragrant, then season with coriander powder and salt.
- Add in water and grated palm sugar.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add in shredded chicken breast, mix all through.
- Add in ginger flower stem slices at the end.
- Served with white rice and sambal bongkot.
- 8 pieces shallots
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 1 piece ginger flower stem
- 3 pieces red birds eye chilli, seeds intact
- ½ teaspoon dried shrimp paste
- 3 pieces Balinese lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Finely chop shallots, lemongrass, ginger flower stem and chillies.
- Combine with dried shrimp paste, Balinese lime juice and heat up coconut oil until smoking and then pour over the sambal.
- Use your fingertips to lightly mix together with the oil.
- Serve immediately.