- 1 rice cake (you can purchase in Asian food market)
- 2 pieces tofu, fried, cut into triangle shape
- 1 handful beansprout, blanched
- 1 handful cabbage, shredded and blanched
- 1 handful long bean, blanched
- ½ cup peanut paste (see pantry)
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar, grated
- 1 tablespoon petis
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon sweet soya sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 piece lemo (Balinese lime), juiced
- 1 tablespoon fried shallot
- 1 piece lemo (Balinese lime), halved
- Some fresh cabbage
- Some fresh long bean
- 2 pieces prawn crackers ((you can purchase in Asian food market)
Peanut Paste ingredients
- 1 cup peanut, fried
- 12 cloves garlic, chopped and fried
- 5 pieces small red chilli, fried
- Make peanut paste by combining all ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a mortar and pestle, put peanut paste, grated palm sugar, petis and water, pound all together.
- Add in sweet soya sauce and mix through.
- Cut rice cake into small bite size pieces, add into the sauce and also add in fried peanut, mix rice cake and fried peanut with the sauce.
- Add in vegetables and lemo juice to taste.
- Mix through and serve with sprinkles of fried shallot, fresh vegetables, lemo and prawn crackers on the side.