HOME > RECIPES > FISH & SEAFOOD > WILL ST. AKOYA OYSTERS
WILL ST. AKOYA OYSTERS
The Leeuwin Coast Akoya is an enduring feature on the menu at Will St Leederville.
Leeuwin Coast Akoya are delicious
I love showcasing unique local ingredients and flavours to create some incredible taste sensations. On the menu at Will St, you’ll find my poached Leeuwin Coast Akoya with buttermilk, chardonnay vinegar, green chilli & coriander oil.
The umami and meaty flavour of the Western Australian Akoya is complemented by the creamy buttermilk and the punchy flavours of chili & coriander.
Served with a glass of chardonnay it’s the perfect way to start your meal at Will St.
To learn more about this exceptional product : visit Leeuwin Coast Website >> Click Here
hrs before dressing
- 100ml buttermilk
- 100ml vegan mayo or normal mayo
- 15g garlic, finely grated
- 15ml chardonnay vinegar
- 5ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2g salt
Sea Parsley Oil
- 100g blanched sea parsley
- 100g blanched coriander
- 10 small green chillies
- 500ml chilled vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
Step by step
1. Thaw Akoya in fridge for 2 hrs or at room temperature for 1hr or until semi-defrosted. Shuck using a butter knife, removing byssal thread.
2. Bring salted water to the boil and blanch a few Akoya at time for 40 seconds.
3. Refresh in ice water.
4. Set aside on a damp cloth.
5. Rinse and clean the shell of any meat that has attached itself to the outer shell. Dehydrate for 30mins until shell has dried out.
6. Combine all ingredients together for the buttermilk dressing and then whisk in until all ingredients are emulsified.
7. Blanch the coriander and sea parsley and refresh in ice cold water.
8. Rinse, dry and then blend with oil, green chilli and salt.
9. Place rock salt or pebbles on the plate and add the Akoya shells.
10. Place an Akoya into each shell, pour buttermilk dressing on to just cover.
11. Pour one/two drops of the sea parsley oil on top and then garnish with picked sea parsley.